Valley of the gods, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde

Valley of the gods ... I think this pile of rocks looks like a llama ... Channing says I'm crazy.


This one maybe looks like several three headed idols???


The one to the far right is a king on his throne ... really, it is!


Our next drive-thru was supposed to be Monument Valley but, this was about all we saw of that. A huge dust/sand storm. You should see our cars.


It was so dusty Cade had to wash his feet with a wiper. And his ears, and nose, and eyes. He gave himself a bath with wipers for about 30 minutes. It was great fun, ask him!


Ohhhhh! Long night at the Kiva on top of Mesa Verde. Cade woke up at 3:30am "I'm told! I'm told Momma! Setshirt? Setshirt?"


The cliff dwellings however this morning were lots of fun. This was our first tour and the dwelling is called Cliff Palace.


Channing carrying Cade up a ladder to get to the dwellings. All I can figure is maybe the guys that built these things really were kin to monkeys.


You can kinda tell how big they are from the people in the pic.


This is the second dwelling we toured - The Balcony. I'm not quite sure how the park lets people climb up and down the places we went today. But, they do. It was fun!


After our fun night of a 3:30 igloo party at the Kiva's, these are Cade's "I need sleep" eyes.


... And this is Cade's "I really really need sleep NOW" face.

0 comments: